Join our Youth Development Team for safe, fun and exciting after school experiences at the YMCA of Michiana. We understand that parents today are working hard to provide for their families. That’s why we provide kids, in kindergarten through Grade 8, a safe and fun place to find nurturing care outside of school hours (3:00pm – 6:00pm).
|Riverview Family YMCA
1201 Northside Blvd.
South Bend, IN 46615
School's Out, Y's In
While we follow the South Bend School Corporation school calendar, we are OPEN when the schools are closed, even on snow days! You can rely on us to provide a fun-filled day program for kids! From arts & crafts to games to swimming, all kids in grades K-6 can find a safe place to learn, play and grow. Please bring a swimsuit, towel, and sack lunch.
Teacher Record Day
Martin Luther King
Teacher Record Day
Winter Break Camp
Don’t hibernate over winter break, get unplugged and enroll in our Winter Break Camp instead! Winter camps are filled with fun indoor activities where kids can play, make new friends, and stay active and healthy! Campers will have daily swim time, arts and crafts, STEM, gym games, and more! Please bring a swimsuit, towel, and sack lunch.
Spring Break Camp
When school is out for Spring Break, the YMCA is in! Join us for indoor and outdoor adventures, gym time, arts and crafts, and tons of fun! Campers will have daily swim time and opportunities to make new friends while staying healthy, active and engaged! Daily healthy snack provided. Please bring a swimsuit, towel, and sack lunch.
About School Aged Child Care
After School Program Objectives
- Grow Personally—build self-esteem and self-reliance
- Build Character—behave according to our Core Values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility
- Improve family and personal relationships—learn to care about, communicate with, and cooperate with family and friends
- Appreciate diversity—respect people of different ages, abilities, incomes, races, religions, cultures, and beliefs
- Develop specific skills—acquire new knowledge and ways to grow in spirit, mind, and body.
- Have fun—enjoy life
Activities Offered In After School Setting
- Snack—a light snack is offered in the afternoon
- Homework Support—Our Before and After School Program is a recreation-based program that compliments school day. We recognize the need to support parents and their desire for children to have time to work on their homework. An educational alternative will be offered for children who do not want or need to work on their homework.
- Group Activities—Children in Before and After School are given the opportunity to participate in a group activity each day. We provide both small and large group activities.
- Child Choice—School-age children must be given the opportunity to choose or be a part of the planning of the daily program activities. We work with your children to plan several meaningful activities that the children can choose to participate in. Children always have the right to pass (everyday.)
- Free Choice—School-age children need an opportunity to “hang-out.” This can be accomplished during outside time and through interest centers.
The Eight YMCA After School Core Content Areas
- Arts and Humanities
- Character Development
- Health, Wellness, and Fitness
- Homework Support
- Science and Technology
- Service Learning
- Social Competence and Conflict Resolution